Subject: Plexigum PQ 611

Plexigum PQ 611

From: Robert Proctor <robert<-a>
Date: Saturday, November 29, 2008
Previously, there has been mention on this list of dissolving Rohm
Plexigum PQ 611 in Shellsol T . What little literature I could find
on this material indicates it is a butyl methacrylate which by my
understanding should require at least a small percentage of
aromatics or polar solvent to dissolve it. Can anyone steer me to
any technical data (preferably in English) on this resin? (e.g. is
it purely a butyl methacrylate or are there other things in it? if
so is it iso or n, Tg., Mw etc.) Has any reliable testing been done
on it?  Also somewhere I have a table from 15 or so years ago,
before Rohm and Haas split, explaining the nomenclature of their
products, does anyone know if this is still applicable or does
anyone know of an updated version?

                 Distributed: Monday, December 8, 2008