Subject: Textile swatch files

Textile swatch files

From: Samantha de van Geer <sam.vandegeer<-a>
Date: Saturday, November 29, 2008
At the Museums Resource Centre we are undertaking to produce a
reference collection of textile swatches for staff, volunteers and
visitors to help identify textiles within the collection this will
include historic and modern fabrics.  We also hope that these
folders will also provide a reference of production techniques, i.e.
types of stitching, fastenings, embroidery, printing, dying and
weaving etc.  Has anyone else created such a reference collection or
knows of any in use anywhere?  It would be really useful to see how
others have done this or if you have any ideas of what you would
like to see in such a folder, this information will be greatly
received.

Thank You
Samantha van de Geer
Museum Object Conservator