Subject: Contracts

Contracts

From: Susan White <smwhitewhite<-a>
Date: Saturday, November 29, 2008
I rarely have needed written contracts for doing private work but
now that I'm doing more work for dealers, I've decided I really need
some kind of model contract to protect me from the sometimes
voracious practices of art and antiquities dealers. I've been pretty
successful working without them, working on a give and take trust
model with people. I've been taken advantage of a number of times,
but chalk it up to the learning process.

What I'd really like is to see some sample contracts that other
private conservators have used to protect themselves. Might any one
have time to send me a sample contract, not too long or rigid or
complicated (that sort of paper document tends to send my clients
running) which they've found easy to use and execute? I would be
most appreciative,

    **** Moderator's comments: If people have sample or boilerplate
    contracts that they are willing to share, these would make fine
    contributions to Conservation OnLine (CoOL). Contact me for
    details on submitting them.

Susan White
White Conservation Services

                Distributed: Saturday, December 6, 2008