Subject: Administrivia

Administrivia

From: Walter Henry <request<-a>
Date: Saturday, December 6, 2008
Fair warning.

        The DistList will go on hiatus
            Fri Dec 18, 2008 - Tues Jan 6, 2009.

        I, and all of Stanford, will be on vacation and will not
        respond to mail.

    The last mailing before the hiatus will be Thursday Dec 18,
    2008. If you want to post something, be sure to get it to
    consdistlist<-a t->lists< . >stanford< . >edu by NOON WEDNESDAY Dec 17, 2008

    During the hiatus, while it is ok for you send postings

        (to consdistlist<-a t->LISTS< . >stanford< . >edu)

    and administrative requests

        (to request<-a t->COOL< . >stanford< . >edu)

    If you can hold off until after the hiatus it would make it
    easier for me to clear the message backlogs and get things back
    to normal.

        Instructions for time-critical postings:

    If you have anything that is time-critical, you must get it to
    me as soon as possible and you must follow the instructions
    given in Conservation DistList Instructions

        http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/
            byform/mailing-lists/cdl/instruct.shtml

           "... If you post an item that is time critical (e.g. a
            job posting with a deadline), you *must* get it to
            consdistlist<-a t->lists< . >stanford< . >edu with adequate lead time.
            If you have an job or other announcement with a
            deadline, you must submit it at least *three weeks* in
            advance; items received after that cutoff will be
            rejected without notice.  In addition the words TIME
            SENSITIVE in uppercase letters *MUST* be the first two
            words in *both*

                (a) The Subject: line and
                (b) The body of your message

       "This enables my software to pick out your message and call
        it to my attention."

            **** Moderator's comments: The above URL has been
            wrapped for email. There should be no newline.

                Distributed: Saturday, December 6, 2008