Subject: HEPA vacuum cleaners

HEPA vacuum cleaners

From: Crista Pack <cpack<-a>
Date: Thursday, November 20, 2008
Our museum is looking at purchasing a variable speed HEPA vacuum for
cleaning objects and textiles, as well as display cases.  Most
recommendations I've come across so far are for the Nilfisk Museum
Vacuum, but I'm hoping to find something in a somewhat lower price
range.  An objects conservator I recently talked to recommended
looking at Miele and that company does advertise a model "S 251
Miele Plus" as having an adjustable suction dial and HEPA filter for
less than $600. Has anybody had any experience with this particular
model?  Or could someone recommend another model or brand in a
similar price range?

Crista Pack
Conservation Technician
Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art
500 W. Washington St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204

                 Distributed: Friday, November 28, 2008