Subject: Rehousing Steichen prints

Rehousing Steichen prints

From: Michelle Ray <mray<-a>
Date: Sunday, November 23, 2008
My institution owns a full set of Steichen's personal copies of
Camera Work, some of which are in need of re-housing.  The prints in
the issues are mostly made up of photogravures and halftones but
there are also illustrations created using colored halftone (duplex
and two, three, and four-colored), duotone, letterpress, hand toned
photogravure, collotype (some colored), mezzotint photogravure, and
duogravure printing processes.

It's a grab bag of printing processes and I'm unsure whether a
buffered or unbuffered material would be appropriate for housing.

Michelle Ray
Assistant Librarian, Reference
New Hampshire Institute of Art, Teti Library
156 Hanover Street
Manchester, NH 03101
603-836-2532
Fax: 603-645-7429