Subject: Exhibiting Polaroid prints

Exhibiting Polaroid prints

From: Jennie Thomas <jthomas<-a>
Date: Monday, November 24, 2008
We have two faculty members from our Art and Art History Dept. who
have purchased a 20 x 30 inches Joachim Knill Polaroid photograph

    <URL:http://www.joachimknill.com/polaroidpages/bedbugs1.html>

The film type is Polaroid Polacolor ER instant color film, ASA 80.
They would like to display this image in their home, but are
concerned about what are the best materials to use, how much light
exposure it can handle and for how long, best temperature and
humidity, etc. I have been able to find very little about the
preservation of Polaroid images. I wonder if anyone out there has
exhibited these in the past and have dealt with the aesthetic
concerns of how to exhibit the images (framing vs. another method)
and the preservation concerns of exhibiting them safely for an
extended period of time.

Jennie Thomas
Marilyn Crandell Schleg Archivist and Special Collections Librarian
Albion College
611 E. Porter St
Albion, MI 49224
517-629-0487