Subject: e_conservation magazine

e_conservation magazine

From: Rui Bordalo <rui.bordalo<-a>
Date: Tuesday, November 11, 2008
We are pleased to announce that the 7th issue of e_conservation
magazine is online and available for free download from

    <URL:http://www.e-conservationline.com>.

This issue features articles on conservation science, technological
and material studies and conservation methodology. We hope you will
enjoy the reading!

Index - Issue 7, October 2008

News
Conference Reviews

        Projects of T. K. McClintock
    Conservation of Fine Art and Historic Works on Paper
    9 October 2008, Lisbon, Portugal
    Reviewed by Rui Bordalo

    EITEC 2008
    The 3rd International Meeting of Technologies Applied to
    Museology, Conservation and Restoration
    23-24 October 2008, Porto, Portugal
    Reviewed by Teodora Poiata

Announcements

    Upcoming Events
    November - December 2008

Articles

    Conservation Science

        The Visible Image Is Not Always Correct: The Differentiation
        of Layers by Optical Microscopy in Samples&#8217; Cross
        Sections
        By Carolina Barata, Antonio Joao Cruz and Marta Ferro

    Technological Studies

        The Church of Voronet Monastery
        Technical Considerations of the Mural Paintings
        By Ioan Istudor

    Material Studies

        Forecast of Chemical Aging and Related Color Changes in
        Paintings
        By Boris Zilbergleyt

    Case Study

        Red Maitreya Temple - Leh, Ladakh
        Mural Conservation Project (Part 2)
        By Anca Nicolaescu and Andre Alexander

Book Review

    Conservation of Plastics
    Materials Science, Degradation and Preservation
    Reviewed by Brenda Keneghan

Rui Bordalo
e_conservation magazine

                Distributed: Tuesday, November 25, 2008