Subject: Jean Paul Gaultier kimono coat

Jean Paul Gaultier kimono coat

From: Marta Vieira <einain<-a>
Date: Wednesday, October 29, 2008
The Museum of Design and Fashion (MUDE, in Lisbon) proposed that I
study and analyse one of its garments, a golden sequined kimono coat
made by the French fashion designer Jean Paul Gaultier for his
Autumn/Winter 1999/2000 Haute Couture collection (no. 51). I need to
know  the kind of materials Gaultier used in his Haute couture
collections until 2000 to compare it with the coat I'm studying. I'm
looking for any information about this subject like, e.g. a
Gaultier garment that might be similar to this coat; specific
bibliographies about Jean Paul Gaultier; information about
chemical analysis of Gaultier's materials; or conservation and
restoration interventions made on Gaultier's garments that could be
useful for my study.

Marta Vieira
Conservation and Restoration Master Student
New University of Lisbon
Conservation and Restoration Department
+351 212 948 322
FCT/UNL