Subject: Anoxia

Anoxia

From: Ercole Gialdi <egialdi<-a>
Date: Monday, October 27, 2008
Tamara Jaeger <tamarajaeger [at] hotmail__com> writes

>We are considering purchasing a large enclosure similar to the
>Rentokil "Bubble" for anoxic pest eradication treatments of objects
>and archival materials that cannot be frozen. I am interested in
>hearing what systems other institutions are using as well as their
>associated benefits and drawbacks.

At RGI Genova Italy <URL:http://www.rgi-genova.com> we manufacture
nitrogen generators properly conceived for the Institutions dealing
with cultural heritage conservation. The generators VELOXY are
characterized by low weight, small dimension and flexibility in
usage; their cost is surely affordable. The British Library of
London, the Royal Ontario Museum of Toronto, the Tecknishe Museum of
Wien have choosen VELOXY.

I would suggest to Tamara Jager using gas-proof film to prepare
enclosures tailor-made over the size and shape of the objects to be
treated by anoxia. This way of working is extremely simple and
effective.

Ercole Gialdi
RGI Resource Group Integrator
Via Pellettier 3 Genova 16145 Italy