Subject: Source for felt tape sought

Source for felt tape sought

From: Ray Marchant <raymarhki<-a>
Date: Friday, October 24, 2008
Menon V. Sreekumar <vskmenon [at] hotmail__com> writes

>I am interested in purchasing felt tape that is fixed to the rebate
>of frames of oil paintings in order to prevent abrasion on the edges
>of paintings in the frame. I hope someone can give some contacts of
>dealers in United Kingdom or United States providing the same.

In the past we have bought framing tape from George B. Tewes,
Western Felt and Fibre, California, until we found a supplier in the
UK. We now obtain it from

    The British Felt Company
    Crown Hill
    Milton Keynes

They supply thicknesses of 1mm and 2mm in packs of 15 rolls, cut to
width as required. We have found it to be superior to the American
tape, clean cut with a good pressure sensitive adhesive.

Ray Marchant
Bobak studio London and HKI

                Distributed: Thursday, October 30, 2008