Subject: Source for felt tape sought

Source for felt tape sought

From: Olivia Eller <olivia.eller<-a>
Date: Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Menon V. Sreekumar <vskmenon [at] hotmail__com> writes

>I am interested in purchasing felt tape that is fixed to the rebate
>of frames of oil paintings in order to prevent abrasion on the edges
>of paintings in the frame. I hope someone can give some contacts of
>dealers in United Kingdom or United States providing the same.

We tried for a long time to find a source for felt tape, and finally
came upon the 'brilliant' idea of sticking the felt you want onto
archival double sided tape. That way you can cut the felt to suit
the tape, or vice versa, and you can use a thickness and color of
the felt as required.

Olivia Eller
Assistante scientifique
Musee Historique