Subject: Source for felt tape sought

Source for felt tape sought

From: Helen Brett <helen.brett<-a>
Date: Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Menon V. Sreekumar <vskmenon [at] hotmail__com> writes

>I am interested in purchasing felt tape that is fixed to the rebate
>of frames of oil paintings in order to prevent abrasion on the edges
>of paintings in the frame. I hope someone can give some contacts of
>dealers in United Kingdom or United States providing the same.

I know of a UK supplier:

    British Felt Company
    14 Drakes Mews
    Crownhill
    Milton Keynes MK8 0ER
    +44 1908263304
    <URL:http://www.britishfelt.co.uk/>

They supply rolls of self adhesive felt of varying thicknesses with
a narrowest width of 5mm.

Helen Brett
Painting Conservator
Tate