Subject: AATA Online

AATA Online

From: W. T. Chase <tchase4921<-a>
Date: Monday, October 27, 2008
In a recent discussion on the OSG list someone mentioned a couple of
useful articles that are not in AATA Online (Art and Archaeology
Technical Abstracts Online, available from The Getty at
<URL:http://aata.getty.edu/NPS/>. Details aren't important (for
once) but it got me to thinking that people should be aware that
AATA started out as a volunteer service and you can still send stuff
in!

AATA's primary thrust is abstracting the periodical literature of
conservation. Monographs, even important ones, sometimes get missed
and we have to pick them up later, and we rely on our editors and
our readers to point them out. This is also true of important
articles which are not in the "conservation literature," and other
things (movies, DVD's and probably, eventually, YouTube Sites) which
are not within our normal scope of coverage.

If you find important articles that aren't in AATA, you can:??

    1.  Send the citation to the Specialty Editor in charge of that
        section, and he or she can try to get it into AATA.

    2.  Abstract it yourself and send in the abstract to
        AATA(Abstracts<-a t->getty< . >edu)?

    3.  Send the citation to Linda Kincheloe <LKincheloe<-a t->getty< . >edu>
        who will then try to get it abstracted and included in AATA.

Tom Chase,
AATA Online Field Editor for
Sections F (Production Techniques and History of Technology) and
G9 (Metals and Metallurgical By-Products)

                Distributed: Thursday, October 30, 2008