Subject: Books with mercury salts

Books with mercury salts

From: Eugenia Stamatopoulou <stamatopoulou<-a>
Date: Monday, October 20, 2008
We found in our collections some books treated in the past for
desinfection with mercury salts. We have an urgent need to clean up
the residues of the salts and for this reason we request any
information about how to proceed and if anybody has developed a
technique for this (special filters etc.), since the mercury is an
extremely hazardous material for human health.

Eugenia Stamatopoulou
The Dakis Joannou Collection Foundation

                 Distributed: Monday, October 20, 2008