Subject: Silicone caulk as paint

Silicone caulk as paint

From: David Turnbull <dturnbull<-a>
Date: Monday, October 20, 2008
I am currently investigating a painting that is composed of an oil
paint layer with localized areas of thickly applied pigmented
exterior grade silicone caulk. I am wondering if anyone is aware of
its aging properties (as a result of adding pigments) or can point
me in the direction of anyone doing research in this area.

David Turnbull
Assistant Conservator
Denver Art Museum
100 West 14th Ave Pkwy