Subject: Position at Museum of Archaeology, Stavanger

Position at Museum of Archaeology, Stavanger

From: Kim B. Davies <kim1da<-a>
Date: Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Paintings Conservator
9-months vacancy
(Reference code 08/08)

Due to one of our painting conservators being on maternity leave, we
seek a conservator for a vacancy commencing 2. January 2009- 1.
October 2009.

The Department of Conservation has well-equipped and spacious modern
conservation laboratories. It employs seven conservators working
with the conservation of archaeological and social historical
artefacts, stone (including rock carvings) and paintings. We can
offer an exciting and good workplace.

The applicant must have an MA in paintings conservation, though
candidates with a BA in conservation are also welcomed to apply.
Experience working with conservation of paintings is essential.
Should also have good communication and interpersonal skills. The
applicant should be self-motivated and able to work independently
and in a team. The applicant should be able to read and write one of
the Scandinavian languages, or be motivated to learn Norwegian.

The post is remunerated as a Department Technician (1085), currently
NOK 316 800-384-600 per annum, depending on qualifications and
experience. A deduction of 2% goes to the National Pension Fund. A
higher salary may be contemplated for the exceptionally
well-qualified applicant.

Beginning 1 January 2009 the Museum of Archaeology Stavanger will
become a university museum, with the University of Stavanger (UiS)
as the new employer. Stavanger is a beautiful, friendly and
happening city on the West coast of Norway. See our homepage for
more information on the museum and Stavanger

    <URL:http://www.ark.museum.no>

For more information about the position please contact the head of
department, Bitten Bakke on +47 51 84 60 65 or +47 913 95 925 or
Anne Ytterdal +47 51846098.

If you would like to work at the Museum of Archaeology, Stavanger
please send your CV to:

    Museum of Archaeology, Stavanger
    Postboks 478 Sentrum
    4002 Stavanger
    Norway,
    ams<-a t->ark< . >museum< . >no

Please put the reference number 08/08 on your CV. Closing date: Nov
11, 2008

                Distributed: Saturday, October 18, 2008