Subject: Lighting in churches

Lighting in churches

From: Sophie Roberge <soroberge<-a>
Date: Tuesday, October 14, 2008
We have just finished the restoration of two large wall paintings,
located above lateral altars on each side of a central nave. The
parishioners would now like to illuminate the paintings. There are
balconies facing these paintings which could be used to install
lights. Our wish list would include lamps that are non-heating, have
low UV emission, and provide good illumination. Does anyone have
suggestions for lighting large paintings in churches?

Sophie Roberge
Restauratrice de peintures
Centre de conservation du Quebec
1825 rue Semple