Subject: Position at Tate

Position at Tate

From: Janita Chooramun <janita.chooramun<-a>
Date: Monday, October 13, 2008
Sculpture Conservator
Tate

Fixed Term contract for 6 months with possible 3 month extension
Location:  Millbank, London

Salary: UKP24,375 per annum

Closing date: 27 October 2008

Tate is committed to promoting public appreciation, awareness and
enjoyment of art. As well as paintings and works on paper, our
collections include British sculpture from the 19th century to the
present day, alongside an inspiring range of contemporary work from
around the world.

Based within the conservation department at Millbank, London, you'll
work on preparation of sculptures for the ARTIST ROOMS displays. You
will be involved with the preservation, maintenance and restoration
of sculptures. It's a challenging, absorbing role, which will see
you working on the care, transportation and installation of
sculptures. General conservation will, of course, form a major
element of your role, and we'll also expect you to keep up to date
with the latest conservation techniques.

Professionally qualified with significant conservation skills,
you'll have proven post-training practical experience in the
conservation of modern and contemporary sculpture. You'll have
comprehensive knowledge of environmental monitoring and art
transportation. You work well independently, though you'll
demonstrate proven organisational, IT and planning skills which will
enable you to operate with efficiency in a multi-team environment.
We'll also look for an analytical and accurate deadline-focused
approach, which will ensure the timely, safe display of our
collection. Familiarity with modern art and experience in a museum
or gallery, would be an advantage.

Contact Details/How to apply: For further information and to
download an application pack, please visit

    <URL:http://www.tate.org.uk>

If you're unable to access our website please email jobs<-a t->tate< . >org< . >uk
quoting ref: 8126.

Our jobs are like our galleries, open to all.

                 Distributed: Monday, October 13, 2008