Subject: AIC Photographic Materials Group

AIC Photographic Materials Group

From: Thomas M. Edmondson <heughed<-a>
Date: Tuesday, September 30, 2008
On behalf of PMG and Lyzanne Gann, Program Chair, I post the
following announcement.

Photographic Materials Group of the American Institute for
    Conservation
2009 Winter Meeting
Center for Creative Photography
Tuscon
January 23-25, 2009

    The 2009 Winter Meeting of the Photographic Materials Group of
    the American Institute for Conservation will be held January
    23-25, 2009 at the Center for Creative Photography in Tuscon,
    Arizona. The meeting will include two days of talks focusing on
    the preservation and conservation of photographic materials.

    On January 23, 2009 there will be a tour of the Arizona State
    Museum followed by registration and an opening reception at the
    Center for Creative Photography.  The galleries will be open
    during the reception.

    In addition, there will be an open house and tour of the Arizona
    State Museum on Friday, January 25, 2009. Please check the
    program for times.

    For the first time, the Photographic Materials Group is offering
    an Angels Project to assist a local institution with
    preservation needs for their photograph collection. The
    initiative will take place on January 26, 2009, immediately
    following the Winter Meeting. The Arizona Historical Society in
    Tuscon, Arizona was chosen this year. Angels Projects have been
    a tremendous success in years past and the AIC has encouraged
    the specialty groups to become more involved.  PMG's response to
    this call was to include a project targeting photograph
    collections in association with our Winter Meeting. We hope
    everyone will stay on an extra day to join us in this effort.

    Please email Laura Staneff (ldstaneff<-a t->gmail< . >com) with any
    questions you may have and especially if you plan on attending.
    Our project goal is directly linked to the number of people
    involved so please let her know as soon as possible.

    Check <URL:http://aic.stanford.edu/sg/pmg/meetings.html> for
    links, maps, registration forms, and the program for the
    meeting.

    We hope you will plan on attending, it will be an exciting
    meeting in a beautiful place.

    Lyzanne Gann
    PMG Program Chair

Thomas M Edmondson, Conservator
Heugh-Edmondson Conservation Services, LLC
PO Box 10408
Kansas City, MO  64171-0408
816-283-0660
Fax: 816-283-0740