Subject: Framing tools

Framing tools

From: Peter Juga <peter.juga<-a>
Date: Monday, September 29, 2008
Siew Wah Lee <lee_siew_wah [at] nhb__gov__sg> writes

>I have been using a Fletcher FlexiMaster Framing Tool to insert
>Framers' Points into the frame to hold the glazing, mounted artwork
>and backing board. The tool is very old and not working well now. It
>was purchased from University Products some years back. I tried to
>get similar one but it is no longer available ...

Fleximasters are still available on the market in both U.S. and UK
in case you would be willing to replace your old one. You could use
your search engine to find easily multiple suppliers, e.g. in U.S.:

    <URL:http://www.artcity.com/flt-07700.html>
    <URL:http://www.dickblick.com/zz171/28/>

You could actually find these much cheaper from some of the framers
or smaller art suppliers. The only thing is that it might take a
week or two for deliveries from UK to U.S. and prices also vary so
it's worth spending some time comparing them before actual purchase.

Peter Juga
Conservator
Seven Stories, The Centre for Children's Books

                 Distributed: Tuesday, October 7, 2008