Subject: Modern paint drying

Modern paint drying

From: Barbara Appelbaum <aandh<-a>
Date: Monday, September 29, 2008
Gali Beiner <galibeiner [at] hotmail__com> writes

>... I'd
>like to ask for opinions on the length of time one should wait
>before using a display case with an interior that has been painted
>with modern acrylic water-based commercial paints of the type used
>for interior walls in residential homes.

A big step would be to start out with paint designed to minimize
off-gassing.  At least in the U.S., several companies have
commercial lines of low-VOC paint.  Although I don't know of any
data comparing them, some have passed stringent certification (see,
for example, <URL:http://www.GreenSeal.org>) and I would assume that
all paint labelled specially would have substantially less than the
ones that don't.

Barbara Appelbaum
Appelbaum and Himmelstein
444 Central Park West