Subject: Position at Royal Pavilion and Museums

Position at Royal Pavilion and Museums

From: Nicola Frape <nicola.frape<-a>
Date: Friday, September 26, 2008
Preventive Conservation Assistants
UKP16,536 - UKP18,430
Fixed-term contracts until 31 March 2009
The Royal Pavilion and Museums

This is an excellent career development opportunity to learn more
about preservation and long-term care, in order to improve access to
collections and engage new audiences now and in the future. Whilst
supporting colleagues in the safe display, storage, packing, transit
and emergency preparedness for permanent collections and loans,
you'll also be involved with pest management, environmental
monitoring and record keeping. Degree educated, or with equivalent
training in conservation, you'll have a keen interest in this field
and will bring experience of monitoring and controlling
environmental conditions such as light, relative humidity and
temperature, dust and pests. Ideally, this will be matched with a
background in preventive conservation within a museum or historic
property.

Apply online now at

    jobs.brighton-hove.gov.uk

    +44 1273 292284 (24 hour answerphone)

Please quote reference CUS14192

Closing date: 20 October 2008.

We do not accept CVs as part of our recruitment process.

This job is subject to pay and grading review.

Nicola Frape
Account Executive
4-5 Grosvenor Square
Southampton
Hampshire SO15 2BE
nicola.frape<-a t->lawtonware< . >co< . >uk
+44 23 80 828 556

                  Distributed: Monday, October 6, 2008