Subject: Framing tools

Framing tools

From: Siew Wah Lee <lee_siew_wah<-a>
Date: Thursday, September 25, 2008
I have been using a Fletcher FlexiMaster Framing Tool to insert
Framers' Points into the frame to hold the glazing, mounted artwork
and backing board. The tool is very old and not working well now. It
was purchased from University Products some years back. I tried to
get similar one but it is no longer available, instead a Fitting
Tool is the new replacement. Description of it is at

    <URL:http://www.archivalsuppliers.com/
        prodinfo.asp?number=543-4001>

    **** Moderator's comments: The above URL has been wrapped for
    email. There should be no newline.

I would like to collect some feedback of people who have used the
Fitting Tool before. Any recommendations of similar tool are also
welcome.

Ms Lee Siew Wah
Paper Conservator
Heritage Conservation Centre