Subject: Presentation on preserving cultural heritage

Presentation on preserving cultural heritage

From: Nicole Hayes <nicole<-a>
Date: Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Preserving Our Cultural Heritage
Inaugural Session
Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens
Akron, OH
Wolle Administrative Building Conference Room
    (behind the greenhouse complex)
October 27, 2008
6-7:30pm
<URL:http://www.stanhywet.org>

The Intermuseum Conservation
Association <URL:http://www.ica-artconservation.org/> and the Ohio
Preservation Council <URL:http://opc.ohionet.org/> have developed a
statewide preservation outreach initiative. Anyone who owns or is
responsible for a collection will benefit from attending. This
includes individuals as well as staff and volunteers of museums,
libraries and archives, churches, government agencies, non-profit
organizations, clubs, etc. This program will be traveling across
Ohio, and will also be available on demand, all free of charge.
Topics to be covered in every session will include:

    Why should we be concerned about our collections?
    What is preservation and why is it so important?
    What's the difference between preservation and conservation?
    What kind of supplies should I be using to preserve my
    collections?
    How do I prepare for a possible disaster? What do I do if a
    disaster occurs?
    What Internet and published resources are available to help me?
    How do I pay for all of this?!

Please ensure that we have sufficient handouts for participants by
sending an RVSP to nhayes<-a t->ica-artconservation< . >org by October 20,
2008.

See the official program flyer

    <URL:http://www.ica-artconservation.org/education/POCH.pdf>

Nicole M. Hayes