Subject: Position at Glasgow Museums

Position at Glasgow Museums

From: Marie Stumpff <marie.stumpff<-a>
Date: Friday, September 19, 2008
Assistant Conservator (Textiles)
Glasgow Museums, Culture and Sport Glasgow
Based at the Burrell Collection

UKP19,156.76 - UKP22,590.70pa
Ref: 2286

Closing date 12 noon Tuesday 30 September 2008

We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and motivated textile
conservator to join the object conservation team at Glasgow Museums.
You will hold a qualification in textile conservation and have
experience in the assessment and treatment of textiles and related
materials. The post offers the chance to carry out treatments on a
wide variety of objects including tapestries and costume. Based at
the Burrell Collection you will work across all our museums on
exhibitions, loans, capital projects and collection care.

Glasgow Museums manages the city's 13 museum venues on behalf of
Glagsow City Council. The encyclopeadic collections have been
described as one of the best civic collections in Europe. The
buildings we operate include the Burrell Collection and Kelvingrove
Art Gallery and Museum. For more information about the
collection,the buildings and the work we do please see
<URL:http://www.glasgowmuseums.com>

For additional information, including person specification and
application form, please visit <URL:http://www.csglasgow.org>

Culture and Sport Glasgow are committed to equal opportunities.

Marie Stumpff
Senior Conservator
Culture and Sport Glasgow
+44 141 287 2569