Subject: Glass plate negatives

Glass plate negatives

From: Ingeborg Eggink <ieggink<-a>
Date: Friday, September 19, 2008
I am working at the Public City Archive of Amsterdam, Netherlands,
as a trainee on conservation of broken gelatine dry-plate glass
negatives. The Archive has a lot of glass negatives in the
collection and the conservation and packing of these broken glass
negatives is now at hand.

We would like to use the sandwich-method (mounting the broken pieces
between new glass plates). I would like to know which type of glass
can be used best for the 'sandwich' (composition, thickness etc.) I
hope to find people with some experience with this conservation
method who could provide me with information and details.

Ingeborg Eggink
Trainee at the Public City Archive of Amsterdam
PB 51140
1007 EC Amsterdam

                Distributed: Sunday, September 21, 2008