Subject: Workshop on pest management

Workshop on pest management

From: Andrew Howe <andrew.howe<-a>
Date: Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Pest Management in Practice 2008
A one-day ICON Scotland Group and Care of Collections Group
Workshop/Seminar
Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
Glasgow

It is now 6 years since the pioneering conference "2001 - A pest
odyssey" held at the British Library. Many of the new developments
in IPM, which were first aired or discussed at that meeting, have
now been put in to practice. Others have been refined or maybe even
overtaken by changes in practice. At the ICON "Pest Management in
Practice" meeting, held at the Imperial War Museum in 2007, we heard
the experiences of those who have implemented IPM in many different
collections since 2001. We also found out which are the most
effective treatments to use for treating collections and how well
they work in practice. Promoting the value of IPM to the many small
museums and houses by training and sharing experiences was also
shown to be very successful.

In this new meeting, in Glasgow in 2008, we hope to build on the
success of the first workshop and introduce new IPM topics from the
northern part of the UK and other countries. One of the most
important tasks of this workshop will be to enable people to share
and discuss their problems and successes and then to formulate a set
of guidelines and priorities for future work and research to make
IPM even more effective.

The workshop is suitable for anyone working with collections, with
an interest in care. Refreshments will be provided, but lunch will
not be provided.

For booking details please contact

    Audrey Wilson
    Icon Scotland Treasurer
    5 Kings Stables Lane
    Edinburgh EH1 2LQ
    audreyannewilson<-a t->aol< . >com

For details regarding the workshop; please contact Louise Lawson
<louise.lawson<-a t->csglasgow< . >org>

Cost: Costs are UKP50 'early bird fee' for the first 50 Icon Member
places, Early non Icon members UKP100 (closing date 10 October,
2008) / UKP75 normal fee for Icon members/ Non Icon-members fee
UKP125

Andrew Howe
Conservator (Transport and Technology)
Culture and Sport Glasgow