Subject: Coated paper

Coated paper

From: David A. Tremain <david_tremain<-a>
Date: Monday, September 8, 2008
Julie Swennen <swennenjuju [at] skynet__be> writes

>I am a student Paper Conservation. My thesis will discuss the
>conservation and restauration of coated paper. Could anyone help me
>to find recent bibliographical references and, or some experience in
>coated paper conservation/restauration?

Some years ago I published a piece on "Notes on Emergency Drying of
Coated Papers Damaged by Water" on CoOL which you might find useful.
See

    <URL:http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byauth/tremain/coated.html>

Good luck,

David Tremain
Preservation Advisor, Security and Emergency Preparedness
Preservation Services and Training
Canadian Conservation Institute
613-998-3721 Ext. 243
866-998-3721