Subject: Position at West Lake Conservators Ltd.

Position at West Lake Conservators Ltd.

From: Susan Blakney <susan<-a>
Date: Thursday, September 4, 2008
Mid Level Paper Conservator
West Lake Conservators, Ltd.
Skaneateles, NY 13152

Opportunity exists to join West Lake Conservators team, as our paper
conservator.  The position is open immediately.  Originally
established in 1975 for paintings, in Skaneateles, NY, heart of the
scenic Finger Lakes, we have grown into a mixed specialty practice
providing preservation services for paintings, frames, paper and
textiles.  The Paper Conservator answers to the two managing
partners of the firm and will be responsible for consulting with
clients, examination, supporting documentation and treatment of
paper objects, preservation framing as required, as well as the
maintenance of the paper lab.

Applicants must be capable and willing to work independently on a
broad range of art and artifacts.  A command of the English
language, the confidence and experience to accurately estimate
treatment labor and work without supervision is a must. Competent
writing and computer skills are essential.  Documentation standards
must meet the AIC code of ethics. Research projects and
contributions to our field are encouraged. Assistance with education
of the public and hosted professional workshops is required.
Candidates must have a graduate level degree in conservation or
equivalent knowledge and abilities.  Benefits include health
insurance, holidays, bonuses and a SEP IRA plan.  Salary is
commensurate with experience.

Our paper lab established in 1998, has ample space and is well
equipped. Supported by a computer network, our conservators are
assisted by a conservation technician, an intern, and 2 office
staff. Many hands are available as necessary. We have a diverse
clientele of small to mid-sized museums, Historic Societies,
Colleges, Universities, Historic Houses, Libraries and Townships, as
well as many private clients.

Please contact Susan Blakney, Chief Conservator at 315-685-8534 to
discuss the position. Your letter of interest, resume and three
professional references may follow. For general information about
our practice, please visit

    <URL:http://www.westlakeconservators.com>

                 Distributed: Sunday, September 7, 2008