Subject: Preventing blocking in photocopies

Preventing blocking in photocopies

From: Dave Allen <allen<-a>
Date: Monday, August 25, 2008
I have a client who has had 5 copies of his book photocopied and
wants me to bind them. (444 pages) In about 4 places in the book
there are coloured photocopies facing each other. There are a number
of instances with B&W photocopied pages facing each other. Should I
be recommending he interleaf a tissue in any of these places to
protect them from sticking to each other?

Dave Allen
Beddall Bookbinding Conservation and Restoration
840 Snowdrop Ave.
Victoria BC V8Z 2N4

                 Distributed: Sunday, September 7, 2008