Subject: Call for volunteers--Grant's Tomb

Call for volunteers--Grant's Tomb

From: Beth Edelstein <bme204<-a>
Date: Friday, August 8, 2008
I wanted to inform the conservation community about a project
underway at Grant's Tomb in New York City, where the artist Pedro
Silva is working to restore his 1972 site-specific mosaic work
titled "Rolling Benches." The project is funded by the organization
CityArts but has a great need for volunteers and donated resources.
If anyone is interested please contact CityArts or the artist via
their websites below, or contact me at bme204<-a t->gmail< . >com. Volunteers
can join in for a day or two or even a few hours; they work Tuesday
through Saturday from 10am-6pm, until Sept 5, 2008. This would be a
great opportunity for pre-program or current students, or any other
group looking for a good volunteer opportunity. This project will
probably only scratch the surface of what needs to be done there, so
any attention and support we can provide would be most helpful.

    <URL:http://www.cityarts.org/grants-tomb-restoration.html>
    <URL:http://www.psilvastudios.com/>
    <URL:http://www.psilvastudios.com/ps_public_art.html>

Beth Edelstein
Sherman Fairchild Center for Objects Conservation
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
212-396-5523
Cell: 917-364-3120

                 Distributed: Thursday, August 14, 2008