Subject: X-ray equipment for archaeological metals

X-ray equipment for archaeological metals

From: Alice Paterakis <alicepaterakis<-a>
Date: Tuesday, August 5, 2008
We are looking for recommendations regarding x-ray imaging machines
for our new conservation laboratory. We are primarily interested in
examining metals but have a broad range of archaeological materials
that may benefit. We are interested in digital imaging output.

If you have personal experience with a particular x-ray imaging unit
please send information regarding manufacturer and model, as well as
energy range (kV), tube current (mA), focal spot (mm etc.), maximum
coverage (diameter), and other specifications that may be useful.
Your input will be invaluable for our search.

Faxitron is the only company for which we have information to date.

Alice Boccia Paterakis
Director of Conservation
Kaman Kalehoyuk Excavation
Japanese Institute of Anatolian Archaeology
Turkey

                 Distributed: Saturday, August 9, 2008