Subject: Double sided mounts

Double sided mounts

From: Alexandra Greathead <alexandra.greathead<-a>
Date: Thursday, July 31, 2008
I am about to embark on a large project of remounting works in
double sided mounts.  The new mounts will again be double sided
however I need to find a good "glazing" solution for the verso of
the mounts.  I have already been sent samples of 1mm Perspex and
175micron Melanex, neither of which is totally suitable.  Does
anyone know of even thinner Perspex (Plexiglas) or thicker Melanex
(Mylar)?  Or perhaps you use something else altogether in which case
please send details.  Details and supplier information would be very
useful.

Alexandra Greathead
Paper Conservator
Ashmolean Museum