Subject: Housing brass dies

Housing brass dies

From: Dana Goodburn-Brown <danagb<-a>
Date: Sunday, July 20, 2008
Ian Bogus <ian.bogus [at] yale__edu> writes

>I am working a collection of brass dies used for publishers cloth
>books.  They will be housed in artifact trays but am having some
>difficulty deciding on what type of padding to use to keep them from
>moving around. ...

I have found sheets of tooled polyethylene foam to be a nifty
solution to storing sets of small finds. You can order the sheets to
whatever design you desire, but I'd suggest choosing to order sheets
with channels cut out to fit your dies snuggly. Or it is also easy
to cut gaps across the ridges to fit larger samples. I know a UK
supplier, but 'Googling' should turn up a range of suppliers in your
area.

Dana Goodburn-Brown ACR
+44 1795 429442

                   Distributed: Friday, July 25, 2008