Subject: Position at National Museum of Wales

Position at National Museum of Wales

From: Sue Renault <sue.renault<-a>
Date: Thursday, July 17, 2008
Textile Conservator
St. Fagans: National History Museum
Amgueddfa Cymru - National Museum Wales

Contract up to 12 months
(Maternity Cover)
UKP22,446.62 - UKP27,056 per annum

The Conservation Department at St. Fagans: National History Museum
is seeking to appoint a qualified textile conservator to cover
maternity leave until the end of August 2009.  The successful
applicant would be based at the 100 acre open air museum caring for
the costume and textile collections of Amgueddfa Cymru - National
Museum Wales and have responsibility for the conservation of
textiles on display at other national museum sites across Wales.

We are looking for someone to join our team, currently working on a
major re-storage project and to participate in the re-display of two
re-erected buildings on site, in addition to preparing objects
related to the on-going loan programme.  To apply, you should hold a
recognised textile conservation qualification and have post
qualification experience working in a related area.  We are looking
for someone with a high level of motivation who enjoys a challenge.

The ability to speak Welsh would be an advantage.

For further details and an application form, please visit

    <URL:http://www.museumwales.ac.uk>

Closing date:   29 August 2008
Interview date: 12 September 2008

Sue Renault
Head of St. Fagans Conservation Department
St. Fagans: National History Museum
St. Fagans
Cardiff CF5 6XB
+44 29 2057 3453