Subject: Displaying embroidery

Displaying embroidery

From: Christy Jones <litsavant<-a>
Date: Tuesday, July 8, 2008
We have plans to display a piece of embroidery, roughly 15 inches
square, fraying at the edges, rather worn. Currently, the plan is to
have it sandwiched between two pieces of glass and then the whole
assembly will lie at (probably) a 30 inch angle on a plinth.

Are there other display options I should consider? I don't have a
lot of time or materials with which to work, and the work will
probably be done by a local framer or whatever I can order from
Light Impressions. What type of glass should I ask for, or is plexi
better? I was planning to forgo spacers, since I don't want the
textile to slump while its on display.

                  Distributed: Saturday, July 19, 2008