Subject: LED lights

LED lights

From: Van V. Wood <vwood<-a>
Date: Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Luis Facelli <luisfacelli [at] ucine__edu__ar> writes

>Does anyone have information about LED lights and their UV emission?
>Are LEDs a good light source for use in libraries?

We are using LED's with great success in library and museum
exhibits. There is now available a variety of well-balanced whites,
which emit no UV at all.  Whereas the LED's do produce a small
amount of heat, at museum lighting levels we have found it to be
negligible.

Van V. Wood
Smallcorp
19 Butternut St.