Subject: Position at National Archives, Kew

Position at National Archives, Kew

From: Dawn Fildes <dawn.fildes<-a>
Date: Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Senior Paper Conservator
The National Archives

UKP25,000 - UKP27,000 + generous benefits
Based in Kew, West London

We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated paper conservator to
join the Department of Collection Care at The National Archives.  As
the government's official archive we house 900 years of history from
Domesday Book to the present with records ranging from parchment
manuscripts to recently created digital records.

As a senior conservation professional, you will not only be
responsible for the care and treatment of our collection, but you
will play a key role in contributing to the on-going professional
development of the conservation section. This will see you sharing
knowledge, mentoring junior staff, and exploring new ways of
treating our collections. To succeed, you will need an extensive
knowledge of paper and ideally photographic conservation.

To find out more and apply, please visit
<URL:http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/jobs> quoting reference
1265.

Closing date: Monday 21 July 2008 at midday.
Interviews will be held in Kew on Tuesday 5 August 2008.

                   Distributed: Tuesday, July 8, 2008