Subject: Call for papers--Twentieth century furniture research group

Call for papers--Twentieth century furniture research group

From: Jake Kaner <jkaner01<-a>
Date: Friday, June 27, 2008
First Call for papers

Brit Design 1900-2000
Furniture Design, Innovation and Sustainability
The Sixth Twentieth-Century Furniture Research Group Conference
High Wycombe
Friday, 14 November 2008

This year we are looking for papers from individuals and collections
who have contributed significantly to British Furniture Design in
the twentieth century. This may be a developed contribution which
influenced the field over a number of years or it may have been an
explosive impact which made headlines and changed design thinking.
Our focus will be centred on furniture and will draw upon the areas
of innovation and sustainability. Innovation as in ideas that make
change happen and sustainability as a framework for change as
activated through manufacturing processes, material choices, changes
in consumer demand and importantly how sustainability has effected
conservation of twentieth century furniture. As before in previous
events it is also an aim of this conference to provide a collective
forum for archivists, conservators, curators, designers, makers,
manufacturers and retailers, where issues can be raised, articulated
and discussed through presentation with opportunity for
questions/discussion. Finally we are keen to present papers with an
international perspective to give a global representation to the
conference.

If you would like to informally discuss your proposed abstract then
please email

    Prof. Jake Kaner <jake.kaner<-a t->bucks< . >ac< . >uk> or
    Sharon Grover <sharon.grover<-a t->bucks< . >ac< . >uk>

Please submit abstract (150-250 words) to jake.kaner<-a t->bucks< . >ac< . >uk
before July 31 2008.

The deadline for full papers to be submitted is October 31 2008.

Prof. Jake Kaner and Sharon Grover
Conference Organisers

Furniture Research Centre
Faculty of Creativity and Culture