Subject: Vibration datalogger

Vibration datalogger

From: Kilian Anheuser <kilian.anheuser<-a>
Date: Thursday, June 19, 2008
I am somewhat concerned by the risk to our more fragile museum
objects by vibrations from a variety of sources, such as
construction and maintenance works inside and outside the museum,
rock concerts in the courtyard, or visitors moving in the galleries.
Sometimes we can actually see parts of objects moving inside the
display cases.

To quantify the problem at reasonable expense, I am thinking of
acquiring two vibration dataloggers. After a quick market survey,
the Tinytag Plus vibration logger appears to me to be the most
appropriate. Has anyone got experience with this type of datalogger,
or have I overlooked an alternative?

Kilian Anheuser
Conservateur responsable du secteur
Laboratoire et conservation preventive