Subject: International Congress on the Application of Raman Spectroscopy in Art and Archaeology

International Congress on the Application of Raman Spectroscopy in Art and Archaeology

From: Kepa Castro Ortiz de Pinedo <kepa.castro<-a>
Date: Sunday, June 8, 2008
5th International Congress on the Application of Raman Spectroscopy
    in Art and Archaeology (RAA2009-Bilbao)
Bilbao
14-18 September 2009

We are pleased to announce that the 5th International Congress on
the Application of Raman Spectroscopy in Art and Archaeology
(RAA2009-Bilbao) will take place in Bilbao (Basque Country, North of
Spain) from 14-18 September 2009. This series of conferences has a
large tradition, starting in London, and following in Ghent (2003),
Paris (2005) and Modena (2007).

The scientific programme will include all applications and studies
performed with Raman spectroscopy on Cultural Heritage and related
materials. The conference offers an outstanding and unique
opportunity for exchanging knowledge on leading edge developments.
Cultural Heritage studies are interpreted in a broad sense,
including, amongst others, pigments, inks, new materials, gemstones,
stones, precious stones, glass, ceramics, chemometrics on artwork
studies, palaeontology, resins, fibers, forensic applications in art
and archaeology, industrial archaeology, etc.

In the present edition of the International Congress on the
Application of Raman Spectroscopy in Art and Archaeology, we would
like to highlight the applications of Raman spectroscopy on the
study of the contamination affecting the Cultural Heritage
(decaying, corrosion, etc.).

You will find more information at <URL:http://www.ehu.es/RAA2009>

On this website we will try to provide all necessary information
about this conference, in order to make your stay in Bilbao as
pleasant as possible. Besides, in Bilbao you will have the
opportunity of tasting the famous Basque gastronomy and the wines
from the country, visiting the Guggenheim Museum designed by
international architect Frank O. Gerhy and enjoying the green
landscapes and seaside of the Basque Country.

We look forward to your participation in this interesting
conference. On behalf of the scientific and organising committees,

Kepa Castro

                   Distributed: Sunday, June 15, 2008