Subject: Tapestry

Tapestry

From: Stephen A. Collins <brierwood<-a>
Date: Tuesday, May 27, 2008
I have a client who is a modern tapestry weaver. She has asked me
about using UV sprays for coating her tapestries to prevent dye
bleaching from high light levels and direct exposure to sun in
public buildings. Has anyone had any experience with these UV
sprays? Also, she would like to reintroduce color into the damaged
areas. I have suggested the use of dye pens and dye transfers. My
knowledge in this area is about ten years old and perhaps there are
some new approaches.

Stephen A. Collins
Brierwood Consultants
4905 Pole Road