Subject: Position at West Lake Conservators Ltd.

Position at West Lake Conservators Ltd.

From: Susan Blakney <susan<-a>
Date: Thursday, May 22, 2008
Paper Conservator
West Lake Conservators Ltd.

West Lake Conservators, a 33-year-old mixed specialty preservation
firm providing comprehensive services for paintings, painted
objects, paper, textiles and frames, seeks a mid- to senior level
Paper Conservator to join our team. The sole Paper Conservator
answers to the two managing partners of the firm and will be
responsible for consulting with clients, examination, supporting
documentation and treatment of paper objects, preservation framing
as required, as well as the maintenance of the paper lab.

The successful applicant must be comfortable providing on site
surveys, working independently on a broad range of paper objects
including fine art, library and archival holdings, and oversize
objects. Opportunity will exist to add an assistant paper
conservator, as needed with growth. Assistance with disaster
recovery, public outreach and education of the public is also
required.  Research, professional papers and publications are
encouraged.

Required qualifications include a Master's Degree in Art
Conservation from a recognized conservation program, or equivalent
professional experience, a command of the English language, the
confidence/experience to accurately estimate treatment labor and
work without supervision, as well as competent writing and computer
skills. Salary is commensurate with experience and performance.
Benefits include an educational stipend, health insurance, holidays,
and bonuses. After three years employment, additional health
benefits, a SEP IRA plan, and profit sharing are earned. Confident
Paper conservators are encouraged to apply.

Our paper lab, established in 1998, has ample space and is well
equipped.  Our central New Your State location provides easy access
from the entire state. We provide preservation services to a wide
range of clientele including Museums, Historical Societies,
Colleges, Universities, Historic Houses, Libraries and Townships, as
well as the public. The Skaneateles Village downtown is a designated
historic district.  The lake's natural beauty and its water's
renowned purity, has made it a tourist destination since the 19th C.

Due to succession planning, opportunity exists to buy, or work into
a part ownership position. For general information about our
practice, please visit

    <URL:http://www.westlakeconservators.com>

Interested applicants are asked to send a letter of interest and
resume via e-mail to Chief Conservator Susan Blakney.

Susan Blakney, Chief Conservator
AIC, IIC Fellow.
West Lake Conservators, Ltd.
Box 45, Skaneateles, NY 13152