Subject: Position at National Archives, Kew

Position at National Archives, Kew

From: James Sanders <james.sanders<-a>
Date: Thursday, May 22, 2008
Conservation Research Assistant
UKP22,525 - UKP25,525
Kew, London

The National Archives is the UK government's official archive,
containing 1,000 years of history from Domesday Book to the present.
We aim to lead and transform information management, preserving the
past for the future, and making it accessible to everyone.

Our experts in conservation and preservation care for a huge range
of documents--from parchments to synthetic materials that cover a
collection of over 10 million records.

The Conservation Research Section of the Department of Collection
Care supports a strategic research agenda aimed at addressing
critical questions affecting the stewardship of the collection as
well as providing the critical evidence to inform decisions,
practices and policies across the organisation that impact on the
long-term preservation of our records.

As part of the Conservation Research Team, you will play a vital
role in helping to deliver The National Archives conservation
research programme. As well as carrying out literature searches, you
will have an active role in delivering funding applications and
proactively engaging with a range of audiences to disseminate the
findings of our research.  If you've got a background in academic
research, heritage science or conservation, visit our website to
find out more about this unique and exciting opportunity.

Closing Date: Monday 9 June 2008 at Midday.

Interviews will be held in Kew on Wednesday 18 May 2008.

For more information see <URL:http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk>

James Sanders

                  Distributed: Saturday, May 24, 2008