Subject: Permanent markers

Permanent markers

From: Meenakshi Devi <meenakshi2258<-a>
Date: Monday, May 19, 2008
I am an art conservator practising in New Delhi,India. An artist
friend has been facing some problems for which I would welcome
suggestions. He uses preprimed canvas on which he layers thin coats
of white acrylic paint using water as a solvent. On this base he
paints with acrylic colours. For finer architectural details he uses
permanent marker pens: Luxor, Camel, Staedler, Faber Castell, and
projections with the use of Stic marker pens. The drawing in black
have changed to a reddish brown colour.

We would welcome any suggestions on the use of surface coatings for
improving permanency and the qualities of permanent marker pens that
have better permanency. Has anyone done any research on the life of
drawings done in permanent marker?

                  Distributed: Saturday, May 24, 2008