Subject: Dendrochronology facility

Dendrochronology facility

From: Barbara Appelbaum <aandh<-a>
Date: Monday, May 19, 2008
A client is bringing me a painting on wood with a Jewish subject,
painted, he says, like an icon.  He thinks it may be related to the
earliest Jews in Russia, so he would like to have it dated.  He has
heard of dendrochronology and wants me to arrange for it.  Does
anyone know of a facility in the U.S. that would able to do this?
If not, is there somewhere in Russia that could?  There are rather
old articles in AATA on Russian research on the topic, but not
recent ones.

Barbara Appelbaum
Appelbaum and Himmelstein
444 Central Park West