Subject: Halon replacements

Halon replacements

From: Chris Woods <conservation<-a>
Date: Monday, May 12, 2008
Karen Potje <kpotje [at] cca__qc__ca> writes

>At the Canadian Centre for Architecture we are making plans to
>replace our Halon fire suppression system. ...

If it's any use to you, I undertook a survey of Halon replacements
back before the Montreal Protocol came into force (2003) to find the
optimum replacement for a Halon system at the archives where I
worked at the time.  It compared Water Mist systems, Halocarbon
Agent systems and Inert Gas systems.  The results were published as
a paper in the Society of Archivists (UK) autumn 2002 journal but I
can't now find a published copy to hand.  I've posted the text draft
on the ICA Archive Conservation Research Group web site
<URL:http://groups.ica.org/en/node/51> and asked others for similar
information.  I hope this is helpful,

Chris Woods
BAhons DipCons CertCons RMSA ACR FIIC
Conservation Management, Training and Research Support

                  Distributed: Saturday, May 17, 2008