Subject: Barcoding maps

Barcoding maps

From: Tara Kennedy <tara.d.kennedy<-a>
Date: Monday, May 5, 2008
I am curious if anyone is creating and using unique IDs that can be
scanned for their map collections.  We are looking to find some way
to barcode maps without adhering the standard-type barcode to the
map directly. We are considering barcoding the housing only, but I
wanted to see if there were other options that people were using in
their collections.

Tara D. Kennedy
Preservation Field Services Librarian
Preservation Department