Subject: Halon replacements

Halon replacements

From: Laszlo Cser <laszlo<-a>
Date: Saturday, May 3, 2008
Karen Potje <kpotje [at] cca__qc__ca> writes

>At the Canadian Centre for Architecture we are making plans to
>replace our Halon fire suppression system. ...

It would of course be more cost effective to use the existing system
with a replacement suppression chemical. Your system likely had
Halon 1301, which has been replaced with the FE series of
extinguishants. Retrofits have been addressed, as with the FE-25.  I
still have some older Halon 1211 hand held extinguishers, and have
begun to replace them with FE-36 tanks.  You may wish to check out
their site for their specs and responses to environmental issues:

    <URL:http://www2.dupont.com/FE/en_US/products/index.html>

Laszlo Cser
Restorart Inc.
23 Morrow Ave.